Monday, July 20, 2009

Miss McKenna Brynn... Mac

My first... McKenna is going to be every ones best friend. She is the most giving little girl I've ever met. Now don't get me wrong, she does fight with Caley over the same toy when there are 10 gazillion other toys sooo soo similar in the room, but, when it comes to everyone getting to be a part of something or not being left out she is my girl!!! I am so proud of her, the picture below is her last day of Kindergarten. During this school year her teacher gave her such praise in school, always participating, always attentive, and on candy Friday (the day they could buy a treat at recess) she would always come home telling me, "well so and so didn't have any quarters so I bought them a treat". In the month of December she received the award for the 'Displaying the Virtue of Generosity'. The principal presented her with a certificate at the pep rally in front of all her school. She does very well with her studies too. She has always been the kind of girl that searches out what she wants. She is very eager to learn do and try anything. A couple of years ago when I started seeing her blossom she came to me and asked "what spells puppy"? ( she wanted to know how to spell puppy) she had been looking at books with the alphabet, so I told her, she got her book out figured it out and that's how it all started. She is going to be a talented artist too. I have hundreds of drawings that she has done that I can't bring myself to throw away. And now this summer she is showing signs of athleticism. Her foot work with the soccer ball is really quite good and a couple of weeks ago she was batting with my Mom, hitting 3/4 of the balls that were pitched to her.

Notice the hair form the above picture... yes we have made some changes this summer. Losing her first tooth on Caleys birthday and then her second on 4th of July. Along with her new doo. She's been wavering about her hair. Wanting bangs then not, wanting them, and changing her mind again. We took Jack in to get his first big boy hair cut and he looked so cute I think that was the deciding factor. If Jack looks so good I want to too. It turned out really cute. My girl is growing up so fast, 6 1/2 already... at least that was my first thought when I saw it all done. My what a haircut can do for a person.




Both of the girls are at their grandparents this week. Well, it was a week ago last Monday that they left. I miss them sooo so much. I have to admit its been nice having the house a little quieter but at the same time I'll be glad to have them back. I called to talk with them a
couple of nights ago... talking with McKenna she had a big surprise to tell me... she found her missing tooth. Scared me for a sec because I know that tooth fairy came and took i1t. She was trying to tell me that her new tooth was coming in and she found it. She is so sweet. I just can hardly wait to have them back.


No comments:

Post a Comment